Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Are We Listening?

As sales and marketing experts, feedback is key to help us have better conversations with our customer and prospects. Without it, we keep spinning our wheels and not getting any traction or additional sales. How do we get the highly-desired feedback, listen to it and apply it to our sales and marketing efforts?

I recently made a purchase and then received an online survey about my purchase and the buying experience. I completed the survey (it only took 5 minutes after all) and gave them my honest opinion, which in this instance, wasn't a five-star rating in all categories. Why did I do this? Because I hope someone on the other side is listening (reading) and will change somethings to make the buying experience better for others in the future. That's what a smart sales and marketing team does: listen.

While there are several options out there for creating surveys (I like survey monkey), if we don't heed the message, then we are not really listening. I can hear my high school teachers saying it now, "I know you can hear me, but are you really listening?"

A great way BPI Media Group gets feedback from our customers and communicates with prospects is through landing pages. The "guts" of a landing page is the 3-5 question survey portion. How the customer or prospects answers the questions guide you on how to continue the sales conversation with them and gauge their interest or willingness to buy. You can even gauge if they are a hot, warm or cold prospect. Knowing this information means you've listened, and the future communication we have with that person is 1:1.

The best part of a landing page or an integrated campaign is being able to not only see the responses, but you can download them, see trends and listen to not only the individuals, but to segments and groups. Break these off into subsets and market to them in a much more specific way. This is a sure-fire way of boosting your ROI. If you'd like to see a demo of an integrated campaign or want to talk details on how it could work for your sales and marketing team, don't be shy...I am listening.

Until next time...Elizabeth

I'm new to twitter, so please check it out & follow along if you'd like. BPI Media Group on Facebook

BPI Media Group on Facebook BPI Media Group on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment