Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Get Connected

Over the past 2-3 months, I have been doing more networking than I've ever done in my life. I was pretty skeptical of all the events and functions and how they could help me grow sales and help my business. I couldn't have been more wrong!

After I got over my initial case of nerves to stand up and introduce myself and BPI Media Group in front of a room full of strangers (i.e., prospects!!), it has become second nature to share who I am and what BPI can do. These networking events have opened doors for me to have more meetings, more quotes and more opportunities that I would not have had otherwise.

It isn't just the "live and in person" networking that is helping either. It is social media networking. LinkedIn and Twitter have expanded my professional network and helped me have a means to reach out to some of these prospects. Having a good online presence through your website and/or your social media accounts is just an extension of me, so it is critical that our website be clear and concise and my social media accounts be up to date and informative.

Are your company and sales team using networking, both traditional and social media, to make new connections and grow sales? Consider having an open house or hosting an event yourself to generate some buzz and activity. Promotional items and giveaways are great leave behinds and reminders of your company. If you need some guidance in how to get your website social media savvy and set up accounts on social media, drop me a note. I would love to help you with this, so you can get connected and stay ahead of the game. If you need a little proof in numbers on the power of social media, check out today's Sales Playbook post. WOW!

Until next time...Elizabeth

BPI Media Group on FacebookBPI Media Group on FacebookBPI Media Group on Facebook

2 comments: